[Snort-devel] Snort, MySQL & OS X

Gregory Hedo ghedo at ...1381...
Mon May 20 09:37:05 EDT 2002

Hello,
I try to compile snort to  use with mysql on Mac OS X (remember me :-)?)
I launch the configure like this:

./configure --with-mysql-includes=/Applications/mysql/includes
--with-mysql-libraries=/Applications/mysql/lib all install

Or

./configure --with-mysql=/Applications/mysql

But after a snort -T I get:

database: compiled support for ( )
database: configured to use mysql
database: mysql support is not compiled in this copy

 Check your configuration file to be sure you did not mis-spell "mysql".
 If you did not, you will need to reconfigure and recompile ensuring that
 you have set the correct options to the configure script. Type
 "./configure --help" to see options for the configure script.

Also, my snort.conf contains:

output database: log, mysql, user=root password=test dbname=db
host=localhost

Without the #

Any idea ?

Thanks !