[Snort-devel] Compile problem Solaris/Sparc

Chris Green cmg at ...402...
Fri May 17 09:26:03 EDT 2002

Steve Rudolph <srudolph at ...1213...> writes:

> All,
>
> I am still getting the bus error on 1.9 and 1.8 on my SPARC.
> I am running Solaris 8 64bit.
> I have tried gcc and Suns' Forte compiler.
> Forte gets a myriad of errors while compiling, but it does finish. Immediately crashes.
> with GCC I get a bus error and same with Forte.  Crashes after about 30-60 seconds.
>
> This seems like a pretty standard setup.  Solaris 2.8 on Ultra 5 - not to esoteric for
> larger companies.
>
> Please help if at all possible.

disable_evasion_alerts for now, its an alignment error on the
regrinding to generate an event most likely though to really know we
need to see the backtrace.

It's on the TBD list

--
Chris Green <cmg at ...402...>
You now have 14 minutes to reach minimum safe distance.