Snort developers friendlyness was Re: [Snort-devel] small "-z" fix

Chris Green cmg at ...402...
Mon May 13 05:17:01 EDT 2002

Alberto Dainotti <alberto at ...68...> writes:

> If you don't hesitate to call "dork" people *you think* made mistakes,
> well actually you shouldn't hesitate to publically call yourself "dork"
> because the mistake was yours.
>
> - You didn't properly make updates to snort-stable sources
> and to snort-stable and current documentation.
> - I pointed out *your mistakes* trying to be helpful.
> - You misunderstood my mail and my patch.
> - You didn't check cvs commits. As Chris acknowledged my
> patch, and submitted to cvs.

Jeff's upset that some things from devel made it into stable.
Probably my fault and that confused people but I think its a good
change and I'm sticking with it, esp due to some outside contraints.

Please lets all take a step back from the keyboard and work to make
things better.

I'm very amazed that small little changes like this create big ole
threads but the big ole ideas get dropped by the wayside.
--
Chris Green <cmg at ...402...>