Snort developers friendlyness was Re: [Snort-devel] small "-z"fix

Jeff Nathan jeff at ...835...
Mon May 13 04:42:03 EDT 2002

> If you don't hesitate to call "dork" people *you think* made mistakes,
> well actually you shouldn't hesitate to publically call yourself "dork"
> because the mistake was yours.
>
> - You didn't properly make updates to snort-stable sources
> and to snort-stable and current documentation.
> - I pointed out *your mistakes* trying to be helpful.
> - You misunderstood my mail and my patch.
> - You didn't check cvs commits. As Chris acknowledged my
> patch, and submitted to cvs.
>
> Alberto Dainotti
> URIZEN - Internetworking & Digital Security    http://www.urizen.it
> PGP Key available at: http://www.urizen.it/pgp
> Key Fingerprint: 87CF D95A CE0F 3188 3950  4B1F 3B56 DE69 D05F B8F5

Alberto,

My apologies.  You're not at dork.

But I am for calling you a dork in the first place.

Please don't think anything of it, I'm sorry to have said it.

Thanks for caring enough to work on snort and my moodiness this evening.

-Jeff

--
http://jeff.wwti.com            (pgp key available)
"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."