[Snort-devel] small "-z" fix

Dejchai Srihakim dejchai.s at ...1373...
Mon May 13 04:07:05 EDT 2002

Dear All,
I'm looking for master thesis/project in related topics of computer security espacial IDS(snort).
I would like to know have anyone develop Program/Deamon to monitoring and share knowledge between snorts?
Has anyone developed AI to work with snort?

Regards
Dejchai S.
http://www.kmitl.ac.th
-----Original Message-----
From: 	Jeff Nathan [mailto:jeff at ...835...]
Sent:	Monday, May 13, 2002 5:49 PM
To:	Alberto Dainotti
Cc:	snort-devel at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject:	Re: [Snort-devel] small "-z" fix

Greetings

Not to stomp on anyone's toes, but do not commit or apply Alberto's
patch to modify -z back to accepting arguments.

The modification was done on purpose as ASSURE_ALL is the proper default
assumption
and -z should switch to ASSURE_EST.

I sent in the original patch on 3/5 and it was committed though I
neglected to updated the FAQ.

For versions 1.9 and greater, -z all is assumed by default now.  If you
want -z est behavior, -z is all that is necessary.

I've also sent an update to the FAQ.  Commit at will.

-Jeff

--
http://jeff.wwti.com            (pgp key available)
"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."