[Snort-devel] small "-z" fix

Alberto Dainotti alberto at ...68...
Mon May 13 04:07:04 EDT 2002

On Mon, 13 May 2002, Jeff Nathan wrote:

> Greetings
>
> Not to stomp on anyone's toes, but do not commit or apply Alberto's
> patch to modify -z back to accepting arguments.

Hem, not to stomp on your toes Jeff, but you didn't read my patch :-)
My patch doesn't do this at all.

> The modification was done on purpose as ASSURE_ALL is the proper default
> assumption
> and -z should switch to ASSURE_EST.
>
> I sent in the original patch on 3/5 and it was committed though I
> neglected to updated the FAQ.

also neglected to update snort.conf . And snort.c in the stable branch.
My patch simply fixed stable branch to be updated to your modifications.

Regards,
						Alberto.

Alberto Dainotti
URIZEN - Internetworking & Digital Security    http://www.urizen.it
PGP Key available at: http://www.urizen.it/pgp
Key Fingerprint: 87CF D95A CE0F 3188 3950  4B1F 3B56 DE69 D05F B8F5