[Snort-devel] [ snort-Bugs-553246 ] Need binary log option for constant name

noreply at ...12... noreply at ...12...
Sat May 11 20:04:05 EDT 2002

Bugs item #553246, was opened at 2002-05-07 07:50
You can respond by visiting:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=103357&aid=553246&group_id=3357

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
There needs to be an option to turn off the
funtionality in log.c that causes the date at ...1021... to
always be pre- or appended to the snort.log file. I,
along with a number of others, need constant file names
in order to do automated log rotation/sending via
scripts. Not having such makes the script logic needed
to rotate and store a fixed number of logs
unnecessarily complex and failure prone.

Therefore, what I'm proposing is an option to restore
the old behaviour which was to have the binary log file
always name the snort.log file the same each time,
making log rotations and storage very straighforward
and reliable.