[Snort-devel] barnyard future / snort-stable branch

Chris Green cmg at ...402...
Wed May 8 12:21:15 EDT 2002

Alberto Dainotti <alberto at ...68...> writes:

> Is it possible to know something about the future of barnyard ?
> I see it is no more GPL'd , but will it remain opensource ?

Some sort of licensing arangement will be worked out.  It will
definately be a binding "don't expect to make changes and not give to
us".

> Do you still expect contributions (fixes, improvements, bug alerts..)
> from the community ?

We enjoy contributions on snort.  For the moment on barnyard,
source contributions won't be accepted without assignement type papers
or soemthing like it.  Working out something acceptable to all
involved parties will have to be decided.

> Also I'd like to know more about another subject, but I apologize
> before if I'm missing something or if the subject has been discussed
> before:
> it seems that the snort CVS repository on sourceforge is not the
> only one.

yes it is.

> Sources from snort-stable snapshots come from another repository with
> other branches. So it's not possible to track the stable branch by cvs
> etc...
> In my opinion this creates difficulties for developers who want to code
> additions or modules for snort while tracking stable branch.
> Is there a reason for making the branching of snort not publicly
> accessible ?

It is publically available in the SNORT_1_8 branch.
--
Chris Green <cmg at ...402...>