[Snort-devel] Removing colon from output logs

Erek Adams erek at ...105...
Wed May 8 11:40:50 EDT 2002

On Wed, 8 May 2002, Robert Wagner wrote:

> I see the WIN32 section.  I am compiling and running on Linux and then
> trying to pull the log files across to Windows for review.

Robert,

	Ummmm....  Let's not fix 'this problem' in the releases.  :)  If you
were on Win32 the whole way, it would work fine.  If you were on a *nix the
whole way it would be fine.  But what you're doing is 'changing boats in the
middle of a river.'

	If thist happened, you'd break every *nix script that was written
until it was changed.  Now, I agreee--One person, one script, no big deal.
But with over 500k downloads and over 80% of that on *nix, that's a disaster
waiting to happen.

	I suggest you patch your _local_ copy, instead of the distro.

	Just my $0.001011  ;-)

	Cheers!

-----
Erek Adams