[Snort-devel] Barnyard Solaris 8 compile issue

Roelof JT Jonkman roel at ...60...
Thu May 2 17:03:13 EDT 2002

Steve,

> I still seem to be getting the same error after using solution 1.
> What did you mean add -lnsl to the link line?

Basically when there is a '-o' with a bunch of '-l' arguments and a bunch
of *.o files the compiler is actually invoking ld, to link all the object
(*.o) files together into the executable. That is what I meant by 'link
line' Sorry about the confusion, didn't intend to, have done open source
for too long I guess...

> .. Do you mean the ./config -lnsl ?
Nope, see below:

> gcc  -g -O2 -Wall  -L/usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql -lmysqlclient -o barnyard  barnyard.o
> configparse.o  mstring.o strlcatu.o strlcpyu.o  util.o spool.o sid.o debug.o
> classification.o output-plugins/libop.a input-plugins/libdp.a -lsocket

gcc  -g -O2 -Wall  -L/usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql -lmysqlclient -o barnyard  barnyard.o
configparse.o  mstring.o strlcatu.o strlcpyu.o  util.o spool.o sid.o debug.o
classification.o output-plugins/libop.a input-plugins/libdp.a -lsocket -lnsl

                                                                        ^^^^

That should do you.

		roel