[Snort-devel] Barnyard Solaris 8 compile issue

Steve Rudolph srudolph at ...1213...
Wed May 1 06:30:05 EDT 2002

Snort Dev team,

I am getting some funky compile error on Solaris 8.
I have been using snort for some time and I am just getting started with
learning C so some help would be useful.

Thanks for all of your great work.
Oh 1 more thing, I am trying to convince my company to write a new front
end to snort because acid, then one I mostly use does not offer enough
functionality for a service provider.  I would welcome any suggestions
of other software that may do the job better.  Or features that you
think may enhance your experience as an end user.

Steve

gcc  -g -O2 -Wall  -L/usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql -lmysqlclient -o
barnyard  barnyard.o configparse.o  mstring.o strlcatu.o strlcpyu.o
util.o spool.o sid.o debug.o  classification.o output-plugins/libop.a
input-plugins/libdp.a -lsocket
inet_ntoa
output-plugins/libop.a(op_logdump.o)  (symbol belongs to implicit
dependency /usr/lib/libnsl.so.1)
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to barnyard
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `barnyard'

--
Steve Rudolph CCSA, CCSE
Network Security Engineer