[Snort-devel] Re: [Snort-users] old sparc (fwd)

Gabriel C Millerd gmillerd at ...1221...
Tue Mar 26 18:55:03 EST 2002

here are two 'script' of captures of my snort woes ... and a file
detailing  the sparc i am running. bt1 is from eth1 and bt0 is from eth0.

i think i did everything right ... this is not with the snort off of
debian but rather with the newest one i downloaded ... and then i
recompiled it with debugging (the others had the same bus error issues)

thanks for your help

---
Gabriel Millerd |      I know not with what weapons World War III will be
Plumber         |         fought, but World War IV will be fought with

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Andrew R. Baker <andrewb at ...402...>
To: Gabriel C Millerd <gmillerd at ...1221...>
Cc: Andrew R. Baker <andrewb at ...835...>
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] old sparc
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 20:25:03 -0500

Gabriel C Millerd wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Mar 2002, Andrew R. Baker wrote:
>
> 	How do i could about this 'backtrace' and where would i send it
> after i am done?

You can either generate it from a core file or by running snort from
within gdb.  I think there are instructions in the BUGS file included in
the snort.  To generate it from a core file, you type these commands:

# gdb snort
....Startup messages here...
gdb> core-file snort.core    (or whatever the core file is called)
.... info messages here....
gdb> bt
.... backtrace here......

then you send it off to snort-devel at lists.sourceforge.net