[Snort-devel] [ snort-Bugs-520559 ] Win32 - Space in path to Snort.exe

noreply at ...12... noreply at ...12...
Sat Mar 23 18:58:36 EST 2002

Bugs item #520559, was opened at 2002-02-20 17:48
You can respond by visiting:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=103357&aid=520559&group_id=3357

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Environment:

Windows 2000
IDScenter 1.09 Beta
Snort Version 1.8-WIN32 (Build 88)

IDScenter doesn't handle space in path to Snort.exe I
did what I think is a default install. Snort
commandline from IDScenter is ...

C:\Program Files\Sourcefire\Snort\snort.exe -c
C:\Program Files\Sourcefire\Snort\snort.conf -l
C:\Program Files\Sourcefire\Snort -A full -h any

However, when I test the configuration, it appears
that IDSCenter doesn't handle the space in "Program
Files", and I can't seem to add one.

|> IDScenter test console <|
-- Press ENTER after checking Snorts output --
Log directory = log

Initializing Network Interface \
ERROR: OpenPcap() FSM compilation failed:
        syntax error
PCAP command: Files\Sourcefire\Snort\snort.conf -l
C:\Program Files\Sourcefire\Snort -A full -h any
Fatal Error, Quitting..

Snort cranks up fine if I execute it via the command
line. I'd imagine I can install Snort in a directory
without spaces as a short term workaround.

Thanks,
Drew