[Snort-devel] snort 1.8.4 build 99 dumps core when using icmp pass rules with i type set

Chris Green cmg at ...402...
Tue Mar 19 09:14:06 EST 2002

"Poppi, Sandro" <Sandro.Poppi at ...1204...> writes:

> Within the pass.rules file whenever there is a itype defined it will core
> dump. ICMP rules without the itype are parsed correctly.

What does your itype option look like?

itype; will cause snort to crash unfortunately instead of printing a
warning. Noted and fixed.

One problem with snort right now is that the same parsing bugs can
appear in any plugin so we've got the distributed parser problem.

That architecture problem is on the block to be fixed
--
Chris Green <cmg at ...402...>
A watched process never cores.