[Snort-devel] Missing configure subst in CVS & 1.9dev performance

Mark Vevers mark at ...1121...
Mon Mar 11 03:16:01 EST 2002

I think the following may be missing from the configure.in

OBJEXT='o'
AC_SUBST(OBJEXT)

As the substitution is need to compile - I presume this has been added
to support systems which don't compile to .o's by default for cc output.
There are a couple of other substitutions in the Makefiles that don't get
filled in either, but they don't appear to be used yet so I wasn't too
worried ;-)

Also, I have noticed a jump in performance with snort1.9dev of about
8-10 times less CPU per mbit of passing traffic - should I be expecting
this?  If not I'll try and track down what might be wrong.

Mark

--
Mark Vevers.    mark at ...1121... / mvevers at ...1186...
Internet Backbone Engineering Team