[Snort-devel] Snort-1.8.4-beta4 available

Glenn Mansfield Keeni glenn at ...486...
Fri Mar 8 22:28:01 EST 2002

Hi,
       A patch to the spo_SnmpTrap.c is attached to this mail. It is
also available at
http://www.cysol.co.jp/contrib/snortsnmp/SnortSnmpPatch-02.gz

       This prevents Snort from reacting to ICMP destination unreachable
messages that are caused because the snortTrap destination is
unreachable. If allowed to react snort will go on reacting for ever -
attempting to send traps to the unreachable receiver which will result
in more destination unreachable packets and more attempts to send
traps potentially leading to a self-inflicted DOS.

        Could someone please commit this patch to the cvs repository.

Thanks

Glenn