[Snort-devel] Have you tried using "config interface: whatever" in 1.8.7...

Chris Green cmg at ...402...
Thu Jun 27 13:28:05 EDT 2002

Chris Green <cmg at ...402...> writes:

> Phil Wood <cpw at ...86...> writes:
>
>> It opens the interface twice, and byebye alerts.  At least on
>> linux.

Ok, this is going to change one of two things.

A) I can move the config file parsing up above the call to init
   interfaces and combine them all into a singular spot.  There's
   basically two divergent code paths for hardcoded path versus -c
   option and those need to be unified.

   consequence:  SetUid/Gid will revert back to old behavior where
                 config files were read as root

B) Say it's broken :-)

Anyone really object to A)?  Speak now or be ignored later on
snort-users :^)
--
Chris Green <cmg at ...402...>