[Snort-devel] RE: [snort-cvs] CVS: snort - chrisgreen

Chris Green cmg at ...402...
Wed Jun 26 14:38:02 EDT 2002

"Kreimendahl, Chad J" <Chad.Kreimendahl at ...1167...> writes:

> Trying to learn about the code I see changed... So a few questions:
>
> What were the major changes undertaken... I mean benefit or features added
> with this...

buggy ring buffer -> splay tree node; basically this will lets one
make sessions out of things other than TCP and then pick up portscans
in a pretty effecient manner.  I just really redid memory management
sides of things to make it maintainable.  Jed Haile & Jason Larson did
a lot of the initial work to make it go :-)

> And does mempool relate to it directly or was this just a side effect..

Underlying fixed size memory allocation routines built on top of
sdlist...  :-)
--
Chris Green <cmg at ...402...>