[Snort-devel] --disable-debug enables debug

Chris Green cmg at ...402...
Mon Jun 24 15:05:06 EDT 2002

Bob Perkins <rnpnj at ...398...> writes:

> After running ./configure with the --disable-debug command line argument,
> make compiles programs with "-DDEBUG -ggdb" arguments.  Similar results
> happen when other '--disable-<option>' or 'enable-<option>=no' arguments
> are used - the options are enabled.

Thanks for sending these in.  I'll take a look at the autoconf
situation in a bit.  Working on finishing up lots of other code at the
moment.

Since you seem very well versed in autoconf, what would be very nice
is to fix --with-pcap= so that you can point it at a libpcap source
tree that doesn't necessarily have a shared object in it.

That's the last set of problems I fought for a second in autoconf to
no avail.
--
Chris Green <cmg at ...402...>
Let not the sands of time get in your lunch.