[Snort-devel] ./configure problem

Bob Perkins rnpnj at ...398...
Mon Jun 24 12:43:05 EDT 2002

Thanks for the advice, Marty.

For others in the same position, what I needed to do to get rid of the
warning messages was:

1.  Download and build current automake and autoconf.  (Even the packages
released with OpenBSD 3.1 didn't work)
2.  Run 'aclocal'
3.  Remove the 'missing' file supplied with snort-stable-snapshot
4.  Run 'automake -ac' (-ac installs the new 'missing' file)
5.  Run 'autoconf'
6.  Run 'autoheaders'

After that, the normal process of './configure', 'make', 'make check' and
''make install' worked fine.

Bob