[Snort-devel] Proposal: snort.conf order changes

Erek Adams erek at ...105...
Fri Jun 21 11:45:01 EDT 2002

Ok, I might need my asbestos undies on this, but....

	Is there any way and/or reason we couldn't move all the user-config
"things" to one section of snort.conf?

For example, HTTP_PORTS is at the 'bottom' of the file...  Well, as we all
know, the average user will have the eyes glaze over at about line 10 of any
set of directions--Or config files.  I understand that you should _read_ the
entire file before changing/editing it but that's not working for many of the
users.

If all the variable configs were moved to a "Change everything in here"
section, would it break any of the pre processors?

*sigh*  User-Proof software....  The impossible dream.

-----
Erek Adams
Nifty-Type-Guy
TheAdamsFamily.Net