[Snort-devel] [ snort-Bugs-552950 ] Leaking bpf file descriptors

noreply at ...12... noreply at ...12...
Tue Jun 11 08:27:09 EDT 2002

Bugs item #552950, was opened at 2002-05-06 10:40
You can respond by visiting:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=103357&aid=552950&group_id=3357

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Under older versions of openBSD 2.7 , 2.6 (only ones
i've tested) the following code causes bpf devices to
stay open after a kill -HUP of snort

snort.c

#ifndef HPUX
        /* kludge for Linux */
        InitializeInterfaces();
#endif /* HPUX */

Commenting out the InitializeInterfaces seems to fix
the problem.

Comment By: Nobody/Anonymous (nobody)