[Snort-devel] 1.9 users: please upgrade

Chris Green cmg at ...402...
Sat Jun 8 15:39:15 EDT 2002

If you are using snort-cvs from the HEAD branch, effectively titled
"1.9", there were problems with stream reassembly pointed out by Marc
& Dan here.

After investigation, there were a few problems introduced when I added
Asynchronus_link as a stream option

One was that I was using the wrong state machine in each case (
async and normal )

Another was that I changed an important if to and else if and packets
on stream were not being marked as reassembled.

It does not affect the snort-stable branch.

Thanks,
Chris
--
Chris Green <cmg at ...402...>