[Snort-devel] Snort on Sparc Bus Error in stream4

Bill Scherr IV, GSEC, GCIA bschnzl at ...820...
Sat Jun 8 14:26:27 EDT 2002

Chris

$snort -V

-*> Snort! <*-
Version 1.8.6 (build 105)
By Martin Roesch (roesch at ...402..., www.snort.org)

On 8 Jun 2002 at 10:08, Chris Green wrote:

> Bill Scherr IV <bschnzl at ...820...> writes:
>
> > folks...
> >
> >    I am building a misuse IDS on a SPARC Netra T-1.  I get a Bus Error
>
> Snort Version?
>
> >  with Stream4 enabled!  The following is output with detect_scans
> > specified.  The current machine has 256MB RAM.  # snort -T Log
> > directory = /var/log/snort
>
> --
> Chris Green <cmg at ...402...>
> "I'm beginning to think that my router may be confused."

And from "Johannes Ullrich" <jullrich at ...1411...>

> any back traces? I think it is one of these bus errors I hate sparc for
> ;-). Something is indented to be a word by read byte by byte (so the odd
> bytes cause bus errors).

For which I have attached the output of strace -v snort -T 2>
snort.trace1.

Bill Scherr IV, GSEC, GCIA
Electronic Warfare Associates /
Information Infrastructure Technologies