[Snort-devel] can't disable spp_stream4 TTL EVASION alerts ?

Wed Jun 5 07:53:02 EDT 2002

That's odd... I swear they turned it off by default (think my version is
149).  Must have thwaked the changes in CVS... Ahh, the power of two working
on the same part of a file at the same time...

-----Original Message-----
From: Edwin Eefting [mailto:edwin at ...1392...]
Sent: Wednesday, June 05, 2002 8:47 AM
To: Snort Developers List
Subject: [Snort-devel] can't disable spp_stream4 TTL EVASION alerts ?

I'm using Version 1.9-dev (Build 155) but I still am unable to disable this
alert:

 (spp_stream4) TTL EVASION (reassemble) detection

My stream4 settings:
preprocessor stream4: memcap 64000000, disable_evasion_alerts,noinspect
preprocessor stream4_reassemble: noalerts

Since I've downloaded build 155 (I had build 147 before) I also receive some
kind of new alert very often:

 (snort_decoder) Unknown Datagram decoding problem!

How can I disable these alerts? (I believe the first one is a bug in
spp_stream4, there seems to be a missing check in the sourcecode) I get
flooded with these messages.

Thanks
Edwin
--