[Snort-devel] 1.8.3 unixodbc error

Bill Hilf bill at ...1119...
Wed Jan 30 20:54:02 EST 2002

- database is setup correctly and I'm able to isql into my instance:
<snip>
bash-2.05# isql -v snort snortdbuser xxx
| Connected!                            |
| sql-statement                         |
| help [tablename]                      |
| quit                                  |
SQL> select * from encoding
+--------------+---------------------------------------------------+
| ENCODING_TYPE| ENCODING_TEXT                                     |
+--------------+---------------------------------------------------+
| 0            | hex                                               |
| 1            | base64                                            |
| 2            | ascii                                             |
+--------------+---------------------------------------------------+
-1 rows affected
<snip>

- Configuring snort with "./configure --with-odbc=/usr/local/lib" shows
checking "for odbc"... yes
- no errors on make; make install
- snort.conf has:
output database: log, unixodbc, user=snortdbuser dbname=snort
password=xxx

- when I run:
snort -l /var/log/snort -h 192.168.1.0/24 -c /root/snort.conf

I get:

<snip>
database: compiled support for ( odbc )
database: configured to use unixodbc
database: unixodbc support is not compiled in this copy

 Check your configuration file to be sure you did not mis-spell
"unixodbc".
 If you did not, you will need to reconfigure and recompile ensuring
that
 you have set the correct options to the configure script. Type
 "./configure --help" to see options for the configure script.

Fatal Error, Quitting..
<snip>

Any suggestions?
--