[Snort-devel] How does one submit code for possible integration?

Rob McMillen rvmcmil at ...1029...
Wed Jan 16 08:43:13 EST 2002

To whom it may concern,
	I've been working on something that allows Snort to "sniff" from iptables
and make decisions as to the outcome of the packet: drop or accept.  I've
also added a function that allows any plugin to tag the packet for drop.  If
the packet is not dropped through the Snort process, it is accepted.  If
other firewalls allow the user to send the packet from kernel space to user
space, it shouldn't be that hard to modify what I've done to allow
integration of the different firewall.  If there is interest, I would be
more than happy to maintain this portion of the code.
	The following link contains a paper that explains what I've done and the
thought process behind it as well as the current patch.

http://w3.cablespeed.com/~rvmcmil

	Thoughts and comments both positive and negative are welcome.

Rob