[Snort-devel] cvs SNORT_1_8 broken? --solved

Robert D. Hughes rob at ...825...
Mon Jan 14 11:51:02 EST 2002

Marty,

Yes, exactly. This is with make all make all. Specifying "make" results
in "make all-recursive" being displayed. Again, if I remove all
references to the win32 items from the main Makefile, it build
successfully.

On another note, it looks like something got out of sync somewhere. I
removed everything but snort-1.8.3/CVS and re-up'ed, and now it all
works again. Sorry for the false alarm.

Thanks,
Rob

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Roesch [mailto:roesch at ...402...]
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2002 1:09 PM
To: Robert D. Hughes
Cc: Snort Developers (E-mail)
Subject: Re: [Snort-devel] cvs SNORT_1_8 broken

I'm not seeing an error message that's preventing it from compiling, am
I missing something?  The primary Makefile is being built, is it trying
to recurse through the win32 directories when you run make?

     -Marty

"Robert D. Hughes" wrote:

> [...]
> checking whether fwrite must be declared... (cached) no
> checking whether fflush must be declared... (cached) no
> checking whether getopt must be declared... (cached) no
> checking whether bzero must be declared... (cached) no
> checking whether bcopy must be declared... (cached) no
> checking whether memset must be declared... (cached) no
> checking whether strtol must be declared... (cached) no
> checking whether strcasecmp must be declared... (cached) no
> checking whether strncasecmp must be declared... (cached) no
> checking whether strerror must be declared... (cached) no
> checking whether perror must be declared... (cached) no
> checking whether socket must be declared... (cached) no
> checking whether sendto must be declared... (cached) no
> checking whether vsnprintf must be declared... (cached) no
> checking whether snprintf must be declared... (cached) no
> checking whether strtoul must be declared... (cached) no
> checking for snprintf... (cached) yes
> checking for strlcpy... (cached) yes
> checking for strlcat... (cached) yes
> checking for strerror... (cached) yes
> checking for floor in -lm... (cached) yes
> checking for pcap_datalink in -lpcap... (cached) yes
> checking for kstat_open in -lkstat... (cached) no
> checking for setkey in -lcipher... (cached) yes
> checking for snmp... yes
> checking for ucd-snmp/snmp_parse_args.h... (cached) yes
> checking for openssl... yes
> checking for libnet.h... /usr/local/include
> checking for u_int8_t... (cached) yes
> checking for u_int16_t... (cached) yes
> checking for u_int32_t... (cached) yes
> checking for a BSD compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
> updating cache ./config.cache
> creating ./config.status
> creating Makefile
> creating win32/Makefile
> sed: ./win32/Makefile.in: No such file or directory
> creating win32/WIN32-Code/Makefile
> sed: ./win32/WIN32-Code/Makefile.in: No such file or directory
> creating win32/WIN32-Includes/Makefile
> sed: ./win32/WIN32-Includes/Makefile.in: No such file or directory
> creating win32/WIN32-Libraries/Makefile
> sed: ./win32/WIN32-Libraries/Makefile.in: No such file or directory
> creating win32/WIN32-Includes/Makefile
> sed: ./win32/WIN32-Includes/Makefile.in: No such file or directory
> creating win32/WIN32-Includes/libnet/Makefile
> sed: ./win32/WIN32-Includes/libnet/Makefile.in: No such file or
directory
> creating win32/WIN32-Includes/mysql/Makefile
> sed: ./win32/WIN32-Includes/mysql/Makefile.in: No such file or
directory
> creating win32/WIN32-Includes/rpc/Makefile
> sed: ./win32/WIN32-Includes/rpc/Makefile.in: No such file or directory
> creating win32/WIN32-Libraries/Makefile
> sed: ./win32/WIN32-Libraries/Makefile.in: No such file or directory
> creating config.h
> config.h is unchanged
>
> I got around it the last time by just removing all references to win32
from the makefile. Since its still happening, I wanted to find out if
its a known issue.

> This is all on a FreeBSD 4.5-RC1 box. I also have automake and aclocal
installed. I don't seem to be able to figure out the bit about the
missing script though, where configure states that its too old or
missing. I was able to touch all the missing files, configure completes
without errors, but make still dies as it doesn't know how to make all
in win32. What am I missing, aside from a several years of development
experience?

> Thanks,
> Rob
>
> "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from
mediocre minds." -- Albert Einstein