[Snort-devel] [ snort-Bugs-502484 ] Install Problem

noreply at ...12... noreply at ...12...
Sat Jan 12 18:39:02 EST 2002

Bugs item #502484, was opened at 2002-01-11 12:31
You can respond by visiting:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=103357&aid=502484&group_id=3357

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:

Please Excuse me for barging in to your bug submit.
I'm a newbie and have some questions about Snort...
don't who else to contact about my install problem.
Could you please help or point me in the right
direction ? Thanks

Question:

I've setup and configured Snort on W2K but am having a
bit of trouble...

when I execute "load script" from idscenter, a DOS
shell pops up and displays the following:

|>IDScenter test console <|
--Press ENTER after checking Snorts output--
Log directory = log

Initializing Network Interface \
ERROR: OpenPcap() FSM compilation failed:
		syntax error
PCAP command: Files\Sourcefire\Snort\snort.conf -1
c:\Program files\Sourcefire\Snort -A full -h
127.0.0.1/32 -i 1
Fatal Error, Quitting..

I've loaded the driver and configured the registry as
explained in the FAQ's, what seems to be going on
here ?