[Snort-devel] ATM, LANE, and Ethernet over Fiber?

Deven Phillips dphillips at ...1039...
Fri Jan 4 16:46:02 EST 2002

Hi,

    I notice that a lot of the snort stuff is very "Ethernet" oriented, and I
was wondering of Snort is capable of dealing with ATM, ATM w/ LAN emulation
(LANE), or Ethernet over Fibre? I have tried the Windows version of Snort on
our LANE ATM network, and it cannot even begin to try to open the interface.
Is this also the case for the UNIX/Linux version?

--
Deven Philips, CISSP
Firewall/Router Administrator