[Snort-devel] snort database output problem?

Vincent Chen vcba79 at ...1553...
Mon Aug 26 08:33:13 EDT 2002

Hi, all

I received a lot of the following error message recently:

database: Problem inserting a new signature 'WEB-IIS CodeRed v2 root.exe
access'

After checking database and current rule files, I found that there is a
revision 6 of
signature 'WEB-IIS CodeRed v2 root.exe access' in database but the this
signature
is revision 7 in current rule files. I guess this is because I have a
script update rule
files everyday and this rules got modified recently. Is this a bug and
the reason
caused the above error message?

Vincent Chen