[Snort-devel] Multi-threading Snort

Frank Knobbe fknobbe at ...337...
Sun Aug 11 14:54:02 EDT 2002

Guys,

as far as I know, Snort calls its Output plugins (log and alert)
sequentially. I'm curious if there is any interest in changing it so
that Snort calls the plugins in a multi-thread fashion. That way, each
plugin can run simultaneous while Snort can resume its other duties
faster.

If there is any interest in multi-threading Snort, please let me know
and I may take a shot at it. (I just finished multi-threading SnortSam).

Regards,
Frank