[Snort-devel] Re: bug/memory leak in rules.c

Chris Green cmg at ...402...
Wed Aug 7 11:45:13 EDT 2002

Jonathan <rakocy at ...1503...> writes:

> Hi Chris,
>
> I don't believe this is a static problem.  As tcpdump files sizes
> increased, so did the amount of memory leaked.

I need this patch against CVS HEAD please. 1.8.x is done. 1.8.6 is
months old and theres quite a few possibilities that have changed.

Are you talking about the ouput plugin perhaps?  What one are you
using?

The diff you just sent however only seems to touch building the
OptTree stuff out..  Once the rules are parsed, that part should not
be touched again so I'm trying to figure out how this patch fixes your
problem.

> Here's the stuff..sorry I don't have CVS setup for snort yet.

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.snort.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/snort login

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.snort.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/snort \
     co snort

Thanks