[Snort-devel] Re: bug/memory leak in rules.c

Chris Green cmg at ...402...
Wed Aug 7 09:14:06 EDT 2002

Jonathan <rakocy at ...1503...> writes:

> Hi,  I wrote about two weeks about complaining about a bug.  Snort would
> die approximately every day and a half.  I was able to look at
> the core with gdb and found a segmentation fault.

nevermind. I found it. Off the top of my head, I don't know how a
stopping a static memory leak would fix that bug.

old mail:

> There seems to be a unchecked buffer in spo_database.c or plugbase.c.  I
> can not reproduce the error but it has been happening frequently.  I do
> have a core file available.  Gdb says there is a seg fault.  Currently we
> are going to give a shot at checking the calloc call and not inserting the
> payload into the db if its too big. Hopefully this will help.

Back to that bug, do you have tcpdump packets that crash on that
traffic?

tcpdump -s 1514 -i eth0 -w crash-multi.cap

Thanks,
chris
--
Chris Green <cmg at ...402...>