[Snort-devel] Snort crashes with "config order"

Andrew R. Baker andrewb at ...835...
Thu Aug 1 07:02:15 EDT 2002

Terry Luedtke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We just built snort 1.8.7. When we use the configuration line "config
> order", the program crashes. I've tested this with a rules file that
> contains nothing but the order directive and it still crashes.

What do you have for that config line?  Looking at the backtrace below,
I would say nothing.  You are *supposed* to list something after it in
the config file (ie:  "config order: pass alert log").  Regardless, I
will fix this in the 1.9 branch.

-A