[Snort-devel] To printf or not to printf

Chris Green cmg at ...402...
Mon Apr 29 20:24:04 EDT 2002

<tlewis at ...255...> writes:

> I prefer to write my own abstraction layer approximating syslog(3),
> with types and/or severity as appropriate to the project.  Then you
> can configure what level of verbosity you want and on which systems you
> want it.  It's much easier to take a rich expression like that and
> translate it into "Everything into stdout" than it is to take 10,000
> "fprintf(stderr, ...)" statements and classify them.

I already have one written and as soon as time allows, it will be
integrated into snort.  It's been pretty low on the priority list
though.

--
Chris Green <cmg at ...402...>
Let not the sands of time get in your lunch.