[Snort-devel] To printf or not to printf

tlewis at ...255... tlewis at ...255...
Mon Apr 29 16:57:02 EDT 2002

I prefer to write my own abstraction layer approximating syslog(3),
with types and/or severity as appropriate to the project.  Then you
can configure what level of verbosity you want and on which systems you
want it.  It's much easier to take a rich expression like that and
translate it into "Everything into stdout" than it is to take 10,000
"fprintf(stderr, ...)" statements and classify them.

$0.02

--
Todd Lewis
tlewis at ...255...

"Bonsoir, Monet.  Work, work.  It is the most beautiful thing there is
       in the world."  -- Clemenceau