[Snort-devel] Snort 1.9 cvs - ASN.1

Chris Green cmg at ...402...
Fri Apr 26 06:53:07 EDT 2002

Steve Rudolph <srudolph at ...1213...> writes:

> So If I understand this correctly, this ASN.1 looks for protocols which
> do not follow this standard?

It should watch for ports that should follow this ( like SNMP ).

> It would be nice if we could exclude certain source addresses from this
> preprocessor like on the portscan with the ignore-hosts.

Right now it doesn't work as it should.  Eventually it will be changed
along with all the other new things that we've not really documented yet.

> I would love to help, but I have not programmed since my Atari 800 with
> the Basic cartridge.  Do you have any pointers on where to start for
> learning C?

Hrm.  The C programming language book always did well for me but many
find it way too terse and prefer the larger "learn C in ..." sets.

I'd look at the comp.lang.c FAQ

Chris Green <cmg at ...402...>
A watched process never cores.