[Snort-devel] Ref :core dump of snort

Chris Green cmg at ...402...
Thu Apr 25 12:17:13 EDT 2002

axel.letourneur at ...1289... writes:

> I try to install snort on another linux ( redhat 7.1 with kernel 2.4.17) and I
> have not obtain any crash
>  with the "exploit"
> Sorry for the noise on the mailling list , I will upgrade my linux box

That's consistent with my hunches. The problem will be pretty non
deterministic but I've had a bit of luck correcting these types of
problems in the past. :-)

Thanks for the report and I really love hearing people try out crap
against the daily code changes.  It really makes me more willing to
put in extra hours at hours better spent sleeping making a better sensor
--
Chris Green <cmg at ...402...>
A watched process never cores.