[Snort-devel] Bug on Snort 1.8.6 running on a sparc.

Chris Green cmg at ...402...
Thu Apr 11 06:52:04 EDT 2002

"Blyth A J C (Comp)" <ajcblyth at ...1255...> writes:

> Greetings,
>
> I am running Mandrake 7.1 on a sparc. When I compile Snort 1.8.6 it core
> dumps on me. In fact the only version of snort that does not is 1.8.3. Here
> is the log file. Please tell me if I am doing coming stupid or am an just
> going mad :-)
>
> If you want me to run snort with any particular option turned on/off then
> please mail me, and I will send you the results.
>

> Regards
>

> Andrew
>
> #0  0x4bf44 in InitStream4Pkt () at spp_stream4.c:2938
> 2938	    stream_pkt->iph->ip_ver   = 0x4;

Alignment error on bitpacked notation on GCC AFAICT.  Disable Stream4
/ Frag2, use Solaris, or use x86/Linux
--
Chris Green <cmg at ...402...>
You now have 14 minutes to reach minimum safe distance.