[Snort-devel] Building Latest from CVS on W2K

Chris Green cmg at ...402...
Tue Apr 9 21:48:02 EDT 2002

Joshua Laase <Joshua.Laase at ...1251...> writes:

> Being that I am fairly new to C++ and snort can someone tell me the why
> these changes where made and how I would go about getting my project to once
> again compile.

Changes were made to modularize snort to insulate each module from
each other.  Expect more of that.

Head Branch of CVS is compiled on OS X, OpenBSD, and Linux on a daily
basis so things shouldn't be broken long on those platforms.

Windows pretty much waits on a an appreciated sync from Christopher
Reid.

Being on the head branch of snort is going to be like being on
FreeBSD-unstable, linux-2.5, or whatever.  Things are going to break
and watch out for potholes in the road :-)
--
Chris Green <cmg at ...402...>