[Snort-devel] Building Latest from CVS on W2K

Joshua Laase Joshua.Laase at ...1251...
Tue Apr 9 14:05:30 EDT 2002

Hi,

I have a quick question about building Snort on W2K with VC++ 6.0.  I have
downloaded the latest source from CVS and was trying to build using the
included VC project files.  I was not able to compile.  I started poking
around and noticed that in one of the files giving me errors (checksum.c),
had changed in the last few days.  During my Diff of Checksum.c ver1.5 and
ver1.6 I noticed that

#include "checksum.h" had been replaced with #include <sys/types.h>

I also noticed that in checksum.h

#include "snort.h" had been replaced with #include <sys/types.h>

If I go into CVS and retrieve all of the source on the date from before
these changes, I am once again able to compile Snort.

Being that I am fairly new to C++ and snort can someone tell me the why
these changes where made and how I would go about getting my project to once
again compile.

Thanks,

Josh