[Snort-devel] snort-1.8.6 HPUX 11.0

Chris Green cmg at ...402...
Tue Apr 9 11:29:24 EDT 2002

<paul.chillman at ...1247...> writes:

> Couldn't see this mentioned anywhere but the lines:
>         /* kludge for Linux */
>         InitializeInterfaces();
> in snort.c break the Daemon mode on HPUX

It has been fixed in the HEAD Branch.  Anyone know the history of why
the kludge is necessary?  Oh great snort historians, let me listen to
your words.

> Any chance of putting an #ifdef LINUX around them
> (or perhaps #ifndef HPUX would be better since I think this relates to the
> single promisc mode user restriction)

Snort stable CVS should get that fix soon.

> Sorry for the hassle if this has already been fixed.

stream4 and frag2 don't work on HP-UX because of alignment errors on
bit-packet notation so doing another release at the moment for HPUX
only seems unecessary.

> regards,
> Paul.

Chris Green <cmg at ...402...>