[Snort-devel] Re: Try This

Chris Green cmg at ...402...
Sat Apr 6 07:03:09 EST 2002

Phil Wood <cpw at ...86...> writes:

> Judy,
>
> Boy, do I feel like an idiot.
>
> It's a bug in all the little nippers that compare numbers that are
> unsigned!  I'll fix some and send a patch to the snort developers.
>
> Nothing like turning over a rock and getting nothing much done
> today.

Thanks to both of you :-)  I've applied the patch to both trees

Build 1.8.5 Build 104 is snort-stable  and 1.9 B116  is snort-current
:-)

Andrew saw the broken check when reworking the source but we were
completely oblivious to the signed/unsigned

I need to go through and look for other places that happens
--
Chris Green <cmg at ...402...>
To err is human, to moo bovine.