[Snort-devel] Major Update Day

Chris Green cmg at ...402...
Fri Apr 5 11:51:46 EST 2002

Just to let people know what exciting contributions have been
happening:

Mike Fisk has contributed a set-wise pattern matcher that on a widely
used test set of data, has speed up core engine quite a bit ( on the
large test set I've been using, it gave me a 50% speed up : note that
this was read from file mode and not sniffing performance ).  The new
pattern matching code is used by default now.

Mike also corrected a long standing mistake with inlining DebugMessage
so now we use DEBUG_WRAP() around debug code #ifndef DEBUG

Nick Petroni has contributed 802.11b decoding patches so if you can
get 802.11b link status through your wireless card, you can see the
header information.  See doc/README.wireless for information regarding
this.

Even with the neat things going into the HEAD branch, I would only use
it in a testing/supplementary environment and if things don't compile
at any one point, it's an artifact of us developing things and please
be patient.
--
Chris Green <cmg at ...402...>
Eschew obfuscation.