[Snort-devel] missing includes in large number of files

Thu Apr 4 15:26:55 EST 2002

Note: this is with the most recent build (113) of snort.

On compile, I noticed quite a few bzero and bcopy warnings.  IIRC these came
from strings.h.  So, I did a quick check of all the stuff calling bzero or
bcopy...

BTW: none of the include <strings.h> (which is likely why I got the error).
So far I see no real effect on snort (cranking along fine), just annoying
little compile time warnings.  And I've seen that you guys have been making
tons of CVS commits adding headers and such... I thought this would be the
appropriate time to mention:

/src
decode.c log.c parser.c plugbase.c snort.c util.c

/src/detection-plugins/
sp_react.c sp_patern_match.c sp_session.c

/src/output-plugins/
spo_alert_fast.c spo_alert_unixsock.c spo_alert_full.c spo_alert_smb.c
spo_alert_syslog.c spo_csv.c spo_database.c spo_log_ascii.c spo_xml.c
spo_log_tcpdump.c spo_unified.c

/src/preprocessors/
spp_arpspoof.c spp_stream4.c spp_conversation.c spp_portscan2.c

/contrib/
snortpp.c