[Snort-devel] flow nomenclature

Bob Fleck bfleck at ...1230...
Thu Apr 4 15:16:18 EST 2002

On Thu, Apr 04, 2002 at 05:23:33PM -0500, Benjamin.Feinstein at ...1192... wrote:
> Additionally, peer-to-peer protocols (e.g., Gnutella, Kaaza) do not
> necessarily have any concept of "client" or "server". I suggest that the

Most of the Gnutella style "peer-to-peer" networks are in reality a collection of
nodes that perform the roles of both a HTTP server and client.  The act as clients
when requesting downloads or searches from other machines, and as servers when
answering those requests.  For these systems, I think the existing flow
nomenclature is fine.

Bob Fleck