[Snort-devel] unknown output plugin error

Mon Apr 1 12:41:33 EST 2002

Compiling the most recent CVS version (with all the same options as prior)
on Solaris 8.
One small note... since we are using Oracle 9, I had to modify 'configure'
and 'configure.in' to use libwtc9 instead of libwtc8. (only change)

  ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/snort --with-oracle=$ORACLE_HOME
  make

<snip>

./src/snort -v
Log directory = /var/log/snort

Initializing Network Interface hme0

        --== Initializing Snort ==--
Decoding Ethernet on interface hme0

        --== Initialization Complete ==--

-*> Snort! <*-
Version 1.9-dev (Build 111)
By Martin Roesch (roesch at ...402..., www.snort.org)
ActivateOutputPlugin log_ascii
WARNING: unknown output plugin: 'log_ascii'ActivateOutputPlugin log_ascii
WARNING: unknown output plugin: 'log_ascii'

and... the last build (build 107)

/usr/local/snort/bin/snort-107 -v
Log directory = /var/log/snort

Initializing Network Interface hme0