[Snort-devel] [ snort-Bugs-434711 ] Expanding Var's from Rulesets

noreply at ...12... noreply at ...12...
Thu Sep 27 23:44:03 EDT 2001

Bugs item #434711, was opened at 2001-06-19 23:59
You can respond by visiting:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=103357&aid=434711&group_id=3357

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
In rules.h there is a definition of PARSERULE_SIZE to 1024. I had to change this because of my huge list of networks. This caused problems, because the there is a local definition in the function ExpandVars in rules.c which defines estring as 1024! Because estring depends on PARSERULE_SIZE, I recommend to change the definition of estring to
static char estring[PARSERULE_SIZE]