[Snort-devel] [ snort-Bugs-462149 ] snort cannot handle data link type 101

noreply at ...12... noreply at ...12...
Mon Sep 17 23:59:07 EDT 2001

Bugs item #462149, was opened at 2001-09-16 19:59
You can respond by visiting:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=103357&aid=462149&group_id=3357

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
When I do a

#snort -i ippp0

I get the following (stripping off the obvious):

Initializing Network Interface ippp0

snort cannot handle data link type 101

I used to get this error with recent beta versions of nmap, but it's been fixed in the latest (beta29) version, so I guess you could turn to fyodor if this is a tough one to figure out.

I'm using the libpcap and isdn4lin that came with my current system, Mandrake 7.2 (sorry, too lazy to check exact versions this late) and a Teles 16.3 ISDN card.

Thanks in advance for fixing this quickly ;)